Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Blog Block

I've been having real difficulties with my blog recently. In fact, I've been having problems writing. I took time off over Christmas, and now I can't get into the swing of things again. The problem is compounded by paper work. I have piles and lists of stuff to do. This stuff is supposed to be sorted before I embark on any kind of creative project. Not that my blog is very creative, but it's more creative than writing a public interest immunity argument.

Instead, I sit in front of the computer and compulsively check emails and facebook. I can't write because I have too many other things to do, but I can't find the motivation to do the things I really need to do. Therefore I waste time, doing shite, and wishing I could be a more productive person.

It's also been a mental block. My posts have become so few and far between that I keep thinking I have to start with something substantial. I should be saying something worthwhile. However, I need to remember this blog exists to get me going, to actually get words down on a page.

But it's interesting. Update my blog regularly and I'm happy putting up any old inane drivel, but when I don't do it for ages I feel under enormous pressure. It doesn't really make sense. But when have I ever made sense?

So, hopefully this will lift the curse and unclog the drain. Hopefully...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, you are so like me! I often sit at work and have so much to do that I can't do anything, and spend most of the time trying to write a list that will let me work out which is the most important thing to do first. And then check my facebook and emails every 5 minutes. I think I've gotta be more focused (on myself?) while at the same time relax more. I'm going to go slow this year and see if I actually end up getting more done.... :-D

David M N Bate said...

Ah, rest assured ... you're not alone ... and you've done lots more than me!