Monday, November 06, 2006

Freewriting to music again

I love this song. This song is so regretful. It is nostalgic but contains almost all the elements. Earth, wind and fire. Passion and emotion. I wish I could write like this music with this purity, this clarity, this subtlety. And I've never been subtle, always did favour the big plodding Tank Girl boots, staming down on everything.

Yet this is also broken and weak, vulnerable with almost a sense of pity.

Regret. Wouldn't it be better if we forgot regret? But doesn't it also teach us valuable lessons? Little treasure to never repeat but will always make our ears burn.

Seen the light. I see the light. Halleluiah. Lord be praised. Except there isn't any light except the blinding glare of the search light. Traped in the headlights. Trapped. Entombed. Netted. Apprehended. Arrested. Incarcerated. Always incarcerated.

I haven't thought about my novel in ages - too much else to do, although I know later that I'll be able to concentrate on it if that's still what I want to do. I think it is although I'm not sure about the musical device although I do still like it. I'm just not sure how well it is sustained.

I don't know where Molly is on her journer. I can't feel what's in her head. I can't get inot a place where I feel right although I know I'll get there in the end.

And I've got quite a lot of stuff on my mind at the moment which really doesn't help. I wish I could shift some of it. I'm not feeling the same levels of anxiety which I felt pre medication but there're defiinitely bubbling away under the surface and I'm not sure that I'm not just repressing them and that they're going to jump up and attack me.

No comments: