Monday, October 16, 2006

Cornish Air

The air today is the Cornish air I remember from my youth. A soft but blustering blowing. It takes me back to melanchony teenage walks on costal path starring out to the bright grey sea.

Today I release the clip and let my bright red hair blow freely around my head. I feel like a romantacised Victorian giving myself freedom for the first time as I let my long locks flow. The sea gives a sense of freedom that is beyond compare.

I feel occasional drops of water and I can't work out whether it's beginning to rain or whether it's salt spray. I lick my lips but they are already too salty from the sweat of my walk for me to tell.

The sea's choppy but not overtly so. It moves quickly and the waves are forming a long way out. I live so close to the sea but forget to visit it regularly. It's like being a spoilt child, taking wonders for granted. I forget the carthtic effect that watching the waves has and I vow to come more often although I know I probably won't.

No comments: